We all look at the New Year as a chance to start over, fresh, clean, new…. We have the best intentions and, statistically speaking, most of us will not follow through in reaching our goals. Actually, this is true in virtually every aspect of our lives, from relationships to addictions to our bodies, because we all harbor subconscious, limiting beliefs that keep us from doing what we need to do in order to fully succeed.
We want to help you reach your goals and are thrilled to offer a great tool in MIND BODY RELEASE™ to help you move past the subconscious blocks that might be holding you back from being the best YOU that you can be. Our potentials are enormous and there is more abundance than we can imagine, we just need to get past our limiting, subconscious beliefs that are holding us back from attaining the most fulfilling lives
Below is a list of 5 simple changes that can lead to vast improvements in your health and wellbeing on all levels. Make the pledge now to implement one at a time to create new, life-enhancing habits that will reap great rewards. If you need a bit of help getting past those limiting beliefs, we are here to support you! Make the commitment with us at Heights of Health to have the best year ever in all areas of our lives.
- Hydrate. Yes, I am regularly encouraging this, but it is so essential to the health and wellbeing of our bodies. You need water to get nutrients into the cells, to flush toxins out and to conduct energy throughout the body/brain. Forgo the sodas and sweet drinks, and enjoy water (add lemon or cucumber for flavor if need be). Try to aim for ½ your body weight in ounces of water daily.
- Fast….just a little each day, or even a few days a week. At a minimum, go without food (not water) for 12 hours daily. Try to push it to 16 if possible (not if you are hypoglycemic, on medication that has to be taken with food, or are pregnant, though). When you hit that 16 hour mark, your body starts to break down and dispose of old, unhealthy cells. This is great for disease prevention and optimal weight balance. If you are following a ketogenic diet and/or intermittent fasting, check out a new product in our clinic, a tasty powder called, KetonX™ by Xymogen which helps you achieve or stay in ketosis.
- Get Your 8 Hours. Sleep is so very important, and neglected, in our society. Your brain literally detoxes (removes the plaque that is linked to Alzheimer’s) while you sleep. You create new neural pathways, process through information, and solidify learning from the day, as well as make valuable creative and innovative connections through these processes.
- Don’t Sit Still….for more than 20 minutes. Our bodies are made to move and our organs slow down dramatically the longer we sit still. Disease is very closely linked to being sedentary. A great 4-minute exercise to do throughout the day is called the Nitric Oxide Dump. It is an effective way to get oxygen to your brain and release the build-up of toxins that can cause inflammation and cardiovascular stress. Try it – it’s super-easy!
- Give Thanks. I know it is cliché, but it is totally life-transforming when you focus on the many things for which you are grateful. Make a practice to go to sleep each night and wake up each morning in a state of thankfulness. A great way to integrate this into your life is by using one of my favorite books, The Magic by Rhonda Byrne. It is simple and can shift everything. Optimistic and grateful people live much more fulfilling lives – and typically longer and healthier lives, too. It’s never too late to start this practice.
And, thank YOU for taking the time to read my blog!!
Wishing you all the best in 2019!